Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Seven Rides in Seven Days


So this pathetic loser (me) wakes up alone on Christmas Day and considers his options: 1: Wallow in self-pity and depression. 2: Commit suicide. 3: Get the fuck out of town. Since the first option was already achieved, and I didn't have the balls to select option 2, I chose door number 3.

After taking the dogs out for a quick run, I packed up the car, and 7 hours later I was in sunny Phoenix! I stayed at my friend Kathleen's house with her two psycho dogs. And I rode every day. It was good to be back on the bike after 4 weeks of not riding. Here's what we did:

  • Day 1: Hawes / Pass Mountain - 31 miles after a month off the bike!
  • Day 2: an easy spin on Desert Classic - man was my ass tender!
  • Day 3: the Milagrosa Trail in Tucson - easily the highlight of the trip. This trail ROCKS!
  • Day 4: Goat Camp trail at White Tanks - way over my head expert level stuff
  • Day 5: South Mountain - up National, down Geronimo, up Geronimo, down Corona Loma. Fantastic riding!
  • Day 6: Trail 100 at North Mountain Preserve - easy cruising
  • Day 7: 3 hours at the newly-completed Black Canyon Trail - very scenic desert riding
I demonstrated yet again my complete lack of any talent at mountain biking on the Goat Camp trail, where I walked everything of consequence and berated myself the whole time. Was there ever another mountain biker that sucks as bad as I do? Doubtful.

2 comments:

DirtBuddha said...

You don't suck! The world is better because you are in it. The people you come into contact with are better because they have met you. Its the truth or god would find someway for you not to be here if it wasn't. There is a purpose and everyones is different. You need to get off your pitty pot and find it! I apologize for my behavior on MTBR. BTW...I'm not a homo, PEACE!

Jim Beam said...

I know I don't suck, Bryan, but I don't need you to tell me that. It's not a pity party, it's sarcasm aimed at my self.

I don't care whether or not you're a homo. One thing is clear, tho - you're a coward.