Sunday, January 9, 2011

During....

Alright, so New Years Day has come and gone, and I have no "after" pictures of my bathroom remodel project to show the six faithful readers of my blog. Perhaps I was a bit optimistic about my projected completion date, but I might have made it if my tile saw hadn't frozen solid when the cold snap hit. As it stands now, I am 90% complete with the remodel and 100% sick of being in that bathroom.

So to tide my faithful readers over until I can post the "after" pics, here are some photos taken during a much-needed hike through Diablo Canyon today. My hiking companions were Todd Glatz and his spawn, the Master of Awesomeness, Conner.


We hiked through the slot canyon and headed down the wash towards the Rio Grande. We saw some icicles under a seep in the cliff wall:





Bored with the wash, we decided to scramble up to the top of the mesa.




It was tough going for Todd and I, but Conner scooted up like a monkey....





The summit was attained and the striking views were enjoyed....








Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

schweet. I recommend you put the tools aside for a bit, schedule the last 10% on the calendar, get the bike out to white/red mesa to recharge some batteries. Bathroom will still be there when you get back to it. mike