Saturday, August 8, 2009

OK, so sometimes you need one more...

I've been riding the Haro Mary 29er single speed for over a year and was still loving it. It's perfect for short rides on the local Dale Ball trails. But a friend had a Gary Fisher Rig for sale at a killer price that I just could not pass up. I had tried out a Rig last fall and found it to have a much nimbler geometry than the Mary. Steeper head tube angle, shorter chain stays, and more trail made for a much better-handling bike. Plus it has the Fox 29er fork which is sweet. So I bought it.




I swapped my Avid Juicy 7's and my Truvativ Stylo bottom bracket with 180 mm cranks onto it and now I'm loving it. I'm making more of the switchbacks now with this set-up. Plus it's 5 pounds lighter and accelerates way faster.



I took it out this morning and had a sweet ride.





Another thing I'm lovin' are the quiet pawls in the freehub. All my bikes for the past 3 years have had noisy rear hubs, so it's a nice change to be able to ride in full stealth mode.


Post-ride recovery green-chile cheeseburger with fries at Bert's Burger Bowl, a Santa Fe tradition. Oh yeah!




Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

ssportsman said...

that is a good looking bike with a nice build. I'm not surprised you've been enjoying the ss so much...

Eating The Road said...

Bert's is awesome!
http://eatingtheroad.wordpress.com/2009/11/11/berts-burger-bowl/