Saturday, August 8, 2009

Statistics 101....

Face it, if you live and drive long enough in this state that has a reputation for a drinking-and-driving problem, sooner or later you are going to have a close encounter of the wrong kind. My number came up today. I was on my way to the trailhead for a short ride on when I noticed an erratic driver behind me. Sure enough, he tried to pass on a narrow 2-lane road and side-swiped my car, taking off the side-view mirror. I was able to follow him for a while and called 911. Amazingly, Santa Fe's finest (major overstatement) caught him a few blocks away, where he was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident, resisting arrest, and driving under the influence.



It's sad to think of kids being this wasted at 8:30 in the morning.


Thanks for looking.

UPDATE:

Yesterday I got copies of the arrest report and the accident report. Mr. Julian Quintana, age 26, was arrested for DWI at 8:30 a.m. He had a 1.75 liter jug of Southern Comfort in the car, as well as a 17 year old girl. He was also cited for reckless driving, having an open container, leaving the scene of an accident, failure to render aid, failure to immediately notify, and resisting arrest.

2 comments:

Tim Wise said...

Welcome back!

xrayo said...

Amazing ending to an incredibly common story here.

Go get 'em!

If there were more like you, we'd solve this problem. Unfortunately, our system is rife with nepotism and generations of "buddies" in high places...